Company Name Change
At Just Rs 4,999/- (All inclusive)
Completely online process
Work handled by professionals
Within 5-7 Days
Connect With Us
Changing Name of Private Company
The name of a company is regarded as the identity of a company, both public and private. The Memorandum of Association (MoA) of the company consists of the name clause of the company; hence change in name ultimately results in the alteration of the MoA. The name that is adopted at the time of incorporation of the name can be changed later on. This can be done with the approval of the shareholder and Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA). The approval of the shareholders is required through a special resolution plus permission from the MCA is required.
The change of name of the company shall not have any effect on the legal existence as a corporate entity, i.e., changing the name of the company will not create a new entity. Therefore, we can say that change of name of the company shall not:
- Affect any rights or obligations of the company
- Render defective any legal proceeding by or against the company
- Affect any legal proceeding by or against the company pending in the old name of the company
Documents For Company Name Change
- MOA and AOA of the Company
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Minutes of the Extra Ordinary General Meeting
- Board Resolution
- DSC of the Existing Director
Cost of Company Name Change
Procedure Company Name Change
Conducting The Board Meeting(1-3 Working Day)
- The Board meeting of the company will be conducted to approve the resolution for changing the name.
- Call the Extra Ordinary General Meeting (EGM) for passing the special resolution
Holding Extraordinary General Meeting(2-5 Working Day)
- Hold the Extra-ordinary General meeting (EGM)
- Pass the necessary Special Resolution, for changing the name of the Company
Filling Forms & Approvals(7-10 Working Day)
- Alteration of MOA and AOA and filing of the requisite forms will be done with the ROC.
- Once Company has complied with prescribed requirements, Registrar issues new Certificate of Incorporation with name.
FAQ’s About Company Name Change
Will I receive a new certificate of incorporation stating the new name of the company?
Yes, the certificate states both the old and the new names of the company along with the date of change of the name.
To whom do I need to send the application for the change in name of my company?
The application for changing the company name should be filed with the registrar with the prescribed form and fee.
Is there a need to change the name of the company if the object of the company is altered?
No, there is no statutory requirement to change the name of the company.
Whom should the Notification of the Change in name be furnished?
Apart from the registrar, the same should be notified to the banks, clients and other concerned relevant authorities