Import Export Code (IEC)
At Just Rs 2,999/- (All inclusive)
Completely online process
Work handled by professionals
Within 6-7 Working Days
Connect With Us
What is Import Export Code (IEC)?
In order to effectively monitor the various outflows and inflows of foreign exchange, the government has introduced IEC. to obtain IEC stands for the Import Export Code, is a unique 10 digit number issued by Director General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), part of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, to any person or company for carrying on Import and Export business in India. IEC Registration is mandatory to carry on export/import business in India and is registered with the Director General of Foreign India (DGFT), Ministry of Commerce and Industries. An IEC number issued to applicant shall be valid for all its divisions/ units/ factories/ branches. IEC is valid for lifetime and there is no need to renew the same.
Unilex being the professionally managed firm provides Import Export Code (IEC) registration within 6-7 working days*. Our professionals help in estimating the cost of getting IEC licence, document required for IEC registration and hassle free procedure for getting Import Export Code (IEC) registration.
Who Requires IEC?
Anybody who is doing commercial transactions cross border, whether import, export is required to obtain a IEC., however a service provider outside India does not required to obtain this licence until and unless the services relate to those areas which are of national security such as dealing in nuclear weapons or some automatic guns. Such licence can be obtained by any individual, freelancer, company, you can take registration right in your name in your saving account also, but of your business name then current account is necessary payment outside India
Who Are Exempted From Obtaining The IEC?
Persons importing or exporting goods for personal use not connected with trade or manufacture or agriculture. Persons importing/exporting goods from/to Nepal, Myanmar through Indo-Myanmar border areas and China (through Gunji, NamgayaShipkila and Nathula ports), provided CIF value of a single consignment does not exceed Indian Rs.25,000. In case of Nathula port, the applicable value ceiling will be Rs. 1,00,000/-
Benefits Of IEC Registration
Renewal of IEC is not required, once it is issued, it is issued for lifetime.
There are no periodical filings/returns in case of IEC, so the compliance are quite less.
There is no annual payment of any fees.
Less documentation is required in IEC registration
Documents Required For Import Export Code
- Personal PAN Card of applicant.
- Passport size photographs.
- Residential Address.
- Digital Signatures of applicants.
- Details of directors
- Details of partners.
- PAN of company.
- Bank Certificate bearing applicant entity name/cancelled cheque.
Cost Breakdown Import Export Code
Procedure For Obtaining Import Export Code
Application Preparation(1-3 working days)
- Our professional will make your DSC (if already not made) and gather all the necessary details mandatory and file the application along with all the requisite supporting documents on your behalf to DGFT for obtaining the IEC code.
Application Processing(6-7 working days)
- Once the application is filed with DGFT along with the requisite application fee, the IEC department will scrutinize your application and if required may send back your application for correction for which you need to reply back within 15 days.
IE Code Issuance(Complete)
- Once the application is completely verified by the department, the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) will allot an IE Code for your business. You will receive your IE code comes in both soft copy (via e- mail) and hard copy (via courier).
FAQ’S About Import Export Code
What is IEC?
IMPORTER EXPORTER CODE ( in short IEC ) is a ten digit number granted by Directorate General of Foreign Trade under Ministry of Commerce and Industry, to any bonafide person/ company for carrying out import/export.
Where to get an IEC from?
IEC can be obtained from any of the Zonal and Regional offices of Director General of Foreign Trade depending on area/region where the individual/company is located.
What is the Need of IEC?
IEC forms the primary document for recognition by Government of India as an Exporter/Importer. On the basis of IEC, companies can obtain various benefits on their exports/imports from DGFT, Customs, Export Promotion Council etc.
Can Export /Import be made without Importer Exporter Code ?
No. IEC forms a primary document for recognition by Govt. of India as Exporter / Importer. However, if value of goods is very law, the concerned customs officer may permit first export (only one time) by imposing penal charges.
What may be reasons for rejection of the application even if it is submitted successfully?
Primarily it could be:
1. The documents are not proper (not clear etc.)
2. Address proof is not attached
3. Name and address do not match with the documents
4. IFSC is not mentioned on Bank Certificate
5. Wrong DGFT RA is selected