In India to open a food business, it is very necessary for an operator to take food license, which is regulated by the Food Standard and Safety Authority of India, FSSAI. Today’s everyone wants to buy safe and healthy food and that’s the reason why people prefer FSSAI certify food products for their consumptions. This authority is established under the Ministry of health and family welfare, Government of India. It is responsible for protecting and regulating the quality of food, storage, manufacture, distribution, import and also wholesome food to 130 crore citizens of the country.
These days not only consumers are conscious to buy only FSSAI regulated products, but also the operators itself taking strict measure to provide you the best quality based food. FSSAI license is broadly characterized in three in the three forms that are listed below.
• FSSAI Registration Central License: This license is for the food operators whose turnover which is greater than 20 crores in a year or ones that who works as an importer, 100% export units, large manufacture, operator in the Central Government agencies, airports and seaports, etc. The FSSAI is however issued by the central government.
• FSSAI Registration State License: This license is for the small to medium-sized food operators whose turnover is greater than 12 Lakhs but less than 20 crore in a year. The FSSAI is however issued by the state government and it is crucial that food operator has an operation is only one state.
• FSSAI Basic Registration: This license is for small sized food operator whose turnover is lesser than 12 lakh rupees in a year. This license, however, issued by the state government.
What does process to get an FSSAI License?
FSSAI has introduced online application which is known as Food License and Registering System. FLRS offers you the option to check the eligibility for the license. Furthermore, it provides you an automated alert via email or SMS for registering and renewing the license on time.
Below we have mentioned the steps to file FSSAI online Registration Form:
Step1: Go and click on this website http://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in/, review the eligibility criteria.
Step 2: FSSAI registration is initiated by submitting FORM A to food and safety department. Select the kind of business.
Step 3: Select the designation like whether individual/ partner/ proprietor/ secretary of the dairy corporative society and others.
Step 4: Submit the copy of ID proof such as driving license, passport, Aadhar card, Ration card, etc.
Step 5: Enter the address of the area where food business is conducted, and telephone number along with email ID.
Step 6: Applicant has to submit the description of the food which is going to be manufactured or sell.
Step 7: Select the source of water supply. Whether it is public or private.
Step 8: Mention any electric power is used in the manufacture for the items or not.
Step 9: Attach the passport size photo in form A.
Step 10: After submitting all the necessary details in form A, take the print out of your application. A reference number will be shared with you, through which you can check the status of your application.
After receiving your application, the authority will review your form and will carry out an inspection. If an inspector gets satisfied, you will get the FSSAI license for your food business.
What it is the fee for the FSSAI License?
The fee levied by the FSSAI for the application process are listed below:
• FSSAI Registration: 100/- per year.
• FSSAI State Registration: 2000/- 5000/- per year.
• FSSAI Central Registration: 7500/- per year.
Important note: There might be some additional charges which CA/lawyer/ and other professionals will charge.
What are the documents are required for the FSSAI License?
Documents required for basic FSSAI License:
• An Applicant has to submit the latest passport size photographs.
• An applicant has to submit an identification proof like driving license, voter Id, PAN card and Aadhar card.
• An applicant has to submit address proof- electricity bill or Ration card.
• A copy of property paper or rental agreement.
How can you get FSSAI online
Documents required for central or state FSSAI license:
• Submit the list of partners/ proprietor/ society members with complete address.
• Latest passport size photographs of the applicant.
• Submit identification proof like Aadhar card, voter card or PAN card.
• Submit the address proof- electricity bill or Ration card.
• Submit the copy of property (if owned) or rent agreement with NOC.
• Partnership Deed/MOA/AOA of the company.
• NOC from the manufacture, municipality, and Local body.
• Accurate information about the raw material.
• Submit the copy of the certificate finalized under Corporate Act- 1861/ Multistate- 2002.
• Submit the supporting documentary for proof of turnover.
• For the hotel industry certificate provided by the ministry of health.
• A canceled cheque.
• Ministry of commerce certificate for 100% (in central license case )
• Submit the E- code document issued by the DGFT.
• Submit IX Nomination of persons by a company along with the board of resolution.
Documents for Manufacturing and Processing Unit:
• Blueprint of the processing unit showing the dimension of an area.
• Submit the entire details of the number of machinery, equipment, installed capacity and horsepower used.
• Submit the list of food that desired to be manufactured in the company.
• Examined report of water that is used in the ingredients that released by the public health laboratory.
• Submit the authority letter with the name and address of the applicant along with the alternative name which assists inspectors in inspections.
Food is considered to be a sensitive subject because it’s adverse effects harm body directly. This is the reason why FSSAI license is important if you are doing business related to food. You have the responsibility to make sure that your food products are safe in all ways. With FSSAI license, you need to face any type of allegation and get customers, investors and partners and also good business. FFSAI renewal is never a disadvantage. So, what is stopping you from, if you face any difficulty while taking a new license or renewing, feel free to contact us. We are just one call away to help you. Get it immediately.