Filling Your Annual GST Returns- Follow these Key Points
The implementation of GST tax in India 2017 has lead the economy to the next level. It eliminates all unregulated and unauthorized industries and make taxation process very simple. By replacing multiple taxes it reduces the burden of manufacturer and other businessman while filling returns. So, whether you are a trader, manufacturer or a businessman if your business falls under the category of taxation you need to file a GST return online.
If you have been reviewing the taxation news regarding GST, you would surely know that the due dates of filling annual GST returns have been delayed twice- once from December 2018 to March 2019 and then again March 2019 to 30th June 2019 respectively. Now 30th June is going to be a date of filling your annual GST returns. Just be sure, just like filling GST return, audit GST report must be submitted by the taxpayers.
There are two important things that all taxpayers should keep in mind while filling GST return online. Let’s begins from the basics.
For properly updating the invoices, Indian taxpayers have to fill GST returns. These returns have to be mandatorily filled as any non-compliance towards the same may lead to disallowance of the input tax credit. Despites late fee or penalties, filling a GST return online is a crucial process for smooth flow of credit to the last recipient.
The main motive is behind designing a return to make transaction in a sync order and there will be no ambiguity between the seller and buyers regarding payment.
GSTR-9: At every annual year, taxpayers have to fill GST return online. This document consists a detail supplies made and receiving during the year under different taxes like IGST, CGST, and SGST. The late fee of filling GSTR-9 is Rs. 100 per day respectively.
The annual return is further classified into three other types that are listed below:
- GSTR 9A: This form is for the people who registered under the composition scheme GST.
- GSTR 9B: This form is filled by the e-commerce operators who have filled GSTR 8 during the financial year.
- GSTR 9C: This form is filled by the taxpayers whose annual turnover more than 2 crores during annual year.
Important Note: Keep in mind, the GSTR 9C form is verified by Chartered Accountant or a Cost Accountant and filled by the taxpayers whose turnover exceed Rs. 2 Crores respectively. A Chartered Account must prepare this GST Reconciliation statement.
There is a sigh of relief for the taxpayers because GSTN has now made available offline utility GSTN 9C.
Some important points you should bear in mind while filling GST return online:
- Since this is the first time returns is filled. It is vital that there is adequate back-up financial data to ensure you are filling correct details. If you are unable to fill it correctly, it may cause confusion and ambiguity. You can also take the help of GST service providers like us.
- Since the financial data in the GST return file online will be the basis for audit report. The two should be same and tally with figures.
- The data contained in annual returns should be finish as it will formt basis for submission of an accurate audit report.
Below we have mentioned some important keys that need to be furnished in GST return Form:
- Basic information such as GSTIN, legal name, trade name of the taxpayer.
- You have to fill the details of inwards and outwards supplies declared in GSTR-4 filled during financial year.
- Details of tax paid as declared in GST fill returns during the financial year.
- Details of credit reversed or availed or late fee payable and paid. And Particular of demands and returns.
- Make sure you have registered under GST and have 15 digit GSTIN number
Steps for Filling GST return online:
- First head over to the GST portal “gst.nic.in”.
- Once you reach at the GST portal, click on the services.
- Click on “Return dashboard”, and then from drop menu, fill in the financial year and the return filling year.
- Now, you need to select the return you want to file, and then click on “prepare online”.
- Submit all the details that will ask in the form including the amount, and late fee, if applicable.
- Once you have filled all the details successfully click on the submit button. Just be sure you have filled correct details.
- When you click on the save button a successful message will appear in your computer screen.
- Now click on the submit button and file the GST return online.
- Once the status changed into submitted, scroll down and click on the payment of tax tile. Then, click on “check balance” to view cash and credit balance, so that you review the details before paying.
- In the next step, in order to clear your liabilities you are required to mention the amount of credit you want to utilize from the credit already present. Just click on the “offset liability” to release payment. After the confirmation just click on “OK”.
- Last step of how to fill GST return online is the check the box against the deceleration and select the authorized signatory from drop-down list. All you need is to do, just click on the file form with DSC, or File form EVC and then click and proceed.
- Now make the payment to fill GST returns.
Please do remember before click on the save and submit button, crosscheck all the details effectively.
India is heading towards its biggest tax reform. To record every transaction, the Government of GST Ministry has come up with a great solution to record all the transaction details at a one place. The process has been simplified and cascading effect of taxes have been removed. With the help IT support, now all businessmen can file GST returns online. If you are looking for the GST service provider who can help you in regarding how to file GST returns, you have come to the right place. At Unilex consultant we will help you related to GST services effortlessly.